As the country slowly begins to reopen, many of us still have time on our hands. The kids are home and you need activities for them. This simple project I made from card stock I had in my stash and I thought it would be a good way to use it up. The colors work well for either Memorial Day, honoring our fallen service members, or for the Fourth of July where we celebrate our country’s independence. The best part is that you can do it all by hand! It goes quicker if you have a paper punch, or a die cutting machine, but you can also cut out the shapes by hand.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
What you will need.
- Card stock (Red, silver, and blue). You can choose your own colors.
- Tooth picks
- Scissors, glue
- Paper punches ( 2 inch circle)
- Glass gem or cabochon
- Vintage Nation Cardstock Pad
- Cut out the circles, either by hand or with a circle punch. These are 2-inch circles. I chose to mix the colors up for variety. The cardstock also have different textures. You can do all the same color combination throughout or mix and match until you find what works for you.
- Next cut out the heart shape. Again, if you have the right size punch you can use it. I did not so I cut it out by hand. The heart is approximately 1 ¾ “wide at the top and 1 ¼ “in length. Remember to trace out the heart on the reverse side of the cardstock you are using.
- The star confetti can be found in any craft store.
Assemble and glue the pieces together.
- The circle serves as the base. Next glue the heart in place and top it off with the star.
- Each topper will use two completely assembled pieces glued back to back.
- Glue a toothpick to the back of one of the circles leaving at least half of it sticking out. Add more glue to cover the entire circle and then place the other one back to back with it.
- Allow the glue to dry.
Make the Packaging Topper
For the topper and packaging I used the Vintage Nation cardstock pad by Paper studio from Hobby Lobby.
- Tape the toppers down on a sheet of firm cardstock or chipboard.
- Cover the tooth picks at the bottom with a strip of cardstock.
- Next using the Vintage Nation cardstock pad, cut out a strip wide enough to fold in half. (This one is 3” wide on each side).
- Decorate the topper as with left over cardstock from the toppers. Add the cabochon as desired. You may already have a topper that works. Feel free to use what you have in your stash.
Use the toppers on cupcakes for decoration and enjoy!
Thank you for visiting kaiyuni Kreations. I would love to hear from you and how your project went. Please subscribe to get new projects right into you inbox.
Leave a Comment