Don’t throw out those empty tin cans just yet! These DIY up-cycled cans are perfect for storage and decor. Need to organize your pens and pencils? The compact size of these DIY cans allows you to display or store them easily on your desk or shelves. Now you will be able to find that pen or marker when you need it.
The best part of this project is that you can do it on a budget. Most of the stuff you already have in your home! You get to up-cycle and save the environment at the same time! See other ideas on how to up-cycle your tin cans.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.
Here’s what you will need
- 2 to 3 empty soup or veggie cans. (As a pre-treatment, I ran the cans through the dishwasher cycle to clean them out.)
- Printed cork paper pad. (I have had this one in my stash but you may find similar ones here.)
- Foam brush
- Scissors, tape measure, pencil
- Glue (E6000)
- Measure around the can with a tape measure. Then measure the height of the can. Apply this measurement to the printed cork paper and cut out a section of paper with the dimensions you recorded. Replicate these measurements for each can you have. Ensure that the paper goes around the can once and over laps a little at the seam.
- Apply glue to the outside of the can then carefully wrap and press the paper around the can as you apply glue. Be sure to smooth out any air bubbles. Let dry for a few minutes.
- Allow project to dry.
- Add makeup brushes, pencils etc. as desired.
- Display DIY storage on your vanity or bathroom counter.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I would love to hear from you.
To get new projects directly in your into your inbox please subscribe here https://kaiyunikreations.com/